LET THESE RELATIONSHIP QUOTES & MARRIAGE QUOTES GUIDE YOU TO BLISS WITH YOUR SIGNIFICANT OTHER.
If you need some help expressing yourself (and who doesn't from time to time?), consider using relationship quotes (or love quotes)! Sometimes you come across a quote that sums up exactly what you're looking for in a relationship.
We have handpicked some of the best relationship quotes and love quotes from around the web, so, that you don’t have to.
We know that relationship and the feeling of being in love are hard to describe in words. But we bet that no words will ever be able to describe it as vividly as the as these relationship quotes on our list, can.
Read on and don’t forget to share these cute love quotes and sayings with them, too!
1. I love being married. It's so great to find that one special person you want to annoy for the rest of your life.” — Rita Rudner
2. “You know there is a name for people who are always wrong about everything all the time... Husband!” — Bill Maher
3. "Husbands are like wine, they take a long time to mature." — Donatella in Letters to Juliet
4. “When a man opens a car door for his wife, it’s either a new car or a new wife.”— Prince Phillip
5. "Before you marry a person you should first make them use a computer with slow Internet to see who they really are." — Will Ferrell
6. “Spend a few minutes a day really listening to your spouse. No matter how stupid his problems sound to you." — Megan Mullally
7. "Look, you want to know what marriage is really like? Fine. You wake up, she's there. You come back from work, she's there. You fall asleep, she's there. You eat dinner, she's there. You know? I mean, I know that sounds like a bad thing, but it's not." — Ray Barone
8. "Look, in my opinion, the best thing you can do is find a person who loves you for exactly what you are. Good mood, bad mood, ugly, pretty, handsome, what have you. The right person is still going to think the sun shines out of your ass." — Mac MacGuff in Juno
9. “By all means, marry. If you get a good wife, you will be happy. If you get a bad one, you will be a philosopher.” — Socrates
10. "Being a good husband is like being a stand-up comic. You need 10 years before you can call yourself a beginner." — Jerry Seinfeld
11. "After about 15 years I finally figured out that she's always right. So surprisingly we just stopped fighting after that." — Barack Obama
12. “Marriage is not just spiritual communion and passionate embraces; marriage is also three-meals-a-day and remembering to carry the trash out.” — Joyce Brothers
13. “The best way to get most husbands to do something is to suggest that perhaps they’re too old to do it.” — Ann Bancroft
14. “Our marriage was the most difficult, grueling, excruciating thing that we have ever taken on in our lives. And you know, we're just not quitters.” — Will Smith
15. “My most brilliant achievement was my ability to persuade my wife to marry me.” — Winston Churchill
16. “Only married people can understand how you can be miserable and happy at the same time." — Chris Rock
17. “If you love ’em in the morning with their eyes full of crust; if you love ’em at night with their hair full of rollers, chances are, you’re in love.” Miles Davis
18. "A good marriage is one where each partner secretly suspects they got the better deal.”
19. “What’s the best way to get your husband to remember your anniversary? Get married on his birthday.”
20. "An ideal wife is any woman who has an ideal husband.” Booth Tarkington
21. “Behind every successful man is a surprised woman.”
22. “Love is sharing your popcorn.”
23. “The most important four words for a successful marriage: I’ll do the dishes.”
24. “My wife is a psychologist… Not only does she know when I’m being a jerk, but she knows exactly what type of jerk I’m being.”
25. “Why do married people live longer than single people? I think it’s because married people make a special effort to live longer than their partner – just so they can have the last word.”
26. A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, always with the same person.
27. There is no more lovely, friendly, and charming relationship, communion, or company than a good marriage.
28. A happy marriage is a long conversation which always seems too short
29. What greater thing is there for two human souls, than to feel that they are joined for life — to strengthen each other in all labor, to rest on each other in all sorrow, to minister to each other in all pain, to be one with each other in silent unspeakable memories at the moment of the last parting?
30. Happy is the man who finds a true friend, and far happier is he who finds that true friend in his wife.
31. In marriage do thou be wise: prefer the person before money virtue before beauty, the mind before the body, then thou hast a wife, a friend, a companion, a second self” William Penn
32. Chains do not hold a marriage together. It is threads, hundreds of tiny threads, which sew people together through the years.
33. Sensual pleasures have the fleeting brilliance of a comet; a happy marriage has the tranquillity of a lovely sunset.
34. A great marriage is not when the ‘perfect couple’ comes together. It is when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy their differences.
35. Marriage is the most natural state of man, and the state in which you will find solid happiness
36. There is nothing nobler or more admirable than when two people who see eye-to-eye keep house as man and wife, confounding their enemies and delighting their friends.
37. Marriage is like watching the color of leaves in the fall; ever changing and more stunningly beautiful with each passing day
38. What counts in making a happy marriage is not so much how compatible you are but how you deal with incompatibility
39. Marriage is a risk; I think it’s a great and glorious risk, as long as you embark on the adventure in the same spirit.
40. Love is a friendship set to music.
41. One should believe in marriage as in the immortality of the soul
42. Love isn’t a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now
43. Marriage is our last, best chance to grow up.
44. A good marriage is that in which each appoints the other the guardian of his solitude, and shows him this confidence, the greatest in his power to bestow.
45. Marriage is an alliance entered into by a man who can't sleep with the window shut, and a woman who can't sleep with the window open.
46. To be fully seen by somebody, then, and be loved anyhow — this is a human offering that can border on miraculous.
47. A good marriage is one which allows for change and growth in the individuals and in the way they express their love.
48. When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible.
49. To keep your marriage brimming, With love in the loving cup, Whenever you're wrong, admit it; Whenever you're right, shut up.
50. “Marriages are like fingerprints; each one is different and each one is beautiful.”
51. “Being in a long marriage is a little bit like that nice cup of coffee every morning – I might have it every day, but I still enjoy it.”
52. “Marriage: Love is the reason. Lifelong friendship is the gift. Kindness is the cause. Til’ death do us part is the length.”
53. “Happily ever after is not a fairy tale. It’s a choice”
54. “A happy marriage is the union of two good forgivers.”
55. “The best time to love with your whole heart is always now, in this moment, because no breath beyond the current is promised.”
56. “To find someone who will love you for no reason, and to shower that person with reasons, that is the ultimate happiness.”
57. “The difference between an ordinary marriage and an extraordinary marriage is in giving just a little ‘extra’ every day, as often as possible, for as long as we both shall live.”
58. “We come to love not by finding a perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly.”
59. “Love doesn’t make the world go round. Love is what makes the ride worthwhile.”
60. “Where there is love, there is life.”
61. “Marriage is a mosaic you build with your spouse. Millions of tiny moments that create your love story.”
62. “The greatest marriages are built on teamwork. A mutual respect, a healthy dose of admiration, and a never-ending portion of love and grace.”
63. “People stay married because they want to, not because the doors are locked.”
64. “Marriage, ultimately, is the practice of becoming passionate friends.”
65. “Once we figured out that we could not change each other, we became free to celebrate ourselves as we are.”
66. “Love is the greatest gift when given. It is the highest honor when received.”
67. “A long-lasting marriage is built by two people who believe in -and live by- the solemn promise they made.”
68. “If you’re not happy with where you are and what you’ve got, you won’t be happy with where you go or what you get. Happiness is a choice for today.”
69. “Coming together is a beginning; keeping together is progress; working together is success.”
70. “A great marriage is not when the ‘perfect couple’ comes together. It is when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy their differences.”
71. “A great marriage isn’t something that just happens; it’s something that must be created.”
72. “Marriage is a commitment- a decision to do, all through life, that which will express your love for one’s spouse.”
73. “Show me a man who is smiling from ear-to-ear and I’ll show you a man who is utterly in love with his wife.”
74. “A fool in love makes no sense to me. I only think you are a fool if you do not love.”
75. “In the arithmetic of love, one plus one equals everything and two minus one equals nothing.”
76. “Love is a partnership of two unique people who bring out the very best in each other, and who know that even though they are wonderful as individuals, they are even better together.”
77. “The doors of happiness remain locked. When they are unlocked, they swing open quickly and widely but close right behind them. They must be reopened throughout each day and there is but one key that fits that lock: Gratitude.”
78. “The first to apologize is the bravest. The first to forgive is the strongest. The first to forget is the happiest.”
79. “You meet thousands of people and none of them really touch you, and then you meet one person and your life is changed forever.”
80. “There are few things more frightening to a man than giving away his heart. And there are few things more comforting to a man than to know the woman he gave his heart to, will protect it with her life.”
81. “In olden times, sacrifices were made at the altar, a practice which is still very much practiced.”
82. “Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. Invariably they are both disappointed.” Albert Einstein
83. “All men make mistakes, but married men find out about them sooner.”
84. “The secret of a happy marriage remains a secret.”
85. “Love, n. A temporary insanity curable by marriage.”
86. “Many a man in love with a dimple makes the mistake of marrying the whole girl.”
87. “If you want your wife to listen to you, then talk to another woman; she will be all ears.”
88. “Marriage is the bond between a person who never remembers anniversaries and another who never forgets them.”
89. “Marriage is an attempt to solve problems together which you didn’t even have when you were on your own.”
90. “Keep your eyes wide open before marriage, half shut afterwards.”
91. “Men who have a pierced ear are better prepared for marriage – they’ve experienced pain and bought jewelry.”
92. “When you have a baby, love is automatic, when you get married, love is earned.”
93. “Marriage – a book of which the first chapter is written in poetry and the remaining chapters in prose.”
94. “Marriage must incessantly contend with a monster that devours everything: familiarity.”
95. “All marriages are happy. It’s the living together afterward that causes all the trouble.”
96. “If you want to know how your girl will treat you after marriage, just listen to her talking to her little brother.”
97. “They dream in courtship, but in wedlock wake.”
98. “Never get married in college; it’s hard to get a start if a prospective employer finds you’ve already made one mistake.”
99. “Take care of him. And make him feel important. And if you can do that, you’ll have a happy and wonderful marriage. Like two out of every ten couples.”
100. “Many people spend more time in planning the wedding than they do in planning the marriage.”